Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Healing the Sacral Chakra

The sacral chakra is our center of deservedness, sensuality and pleasure. Stimulated by the vibrant color orange, it is where we find the pleasure in our passions and learn that we deserve to enjoy life. Crystals such as cleansing carnelian and brilliant fire agate serve this chakra well. Help this chakra to heal itself by taking time for yourself, to do the things you love and experience pleasure from activities and stillness alike. Healthful activities include yoga and pilates, and sensual endeavors such as bellydance or tantra. The sacral chakra loves moderation - indulge your senses enough to make your soul sing; however, too much indulgence will cause this chakra to stagnate and your energies to become clouded and distracted. Stimulate this chakra and you will encourage the kundalini to rise.

Guided Meditation

1) Begin in a sitting position, with your spine as straight as is comfortable and your legs folded beneath you (or, in a chair, with feet flat on the ground.

2) Take several deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth. If you prefer to breathe only through your nose or mouth, that’s okay too. Use the breaths to relax your muscles and your mind. Keep your belly soft. Let your hands rest palm-up on your knees in the posture of “calm abiding.” Close your eyes and let your mind drift.

3) Picture the Svadhisthana blossom, or simply a pyramid of orange light below your belly, about one handspan beneath your navel. Enlarge the pyramid and intensify the color. Let your body relax and feel the warmth of the orange color envelope your body.

4) When your image of the chakra’s light is steady and strong, allow your mind to drift. “Svadisthana” means “my own sweet abode,” so imagine a place where you can be wholly yourself, where you can pursue the thoughts and actions that are healthy and good for you and which make you feel good. You have a right to feel and express your emotions healthfully and without apology. Know that your body is a manifestation of your spirit, and therefore perfect - love and nurture it. Remind yourself that you deserve to experience pleasure, that pleasure and enjoyment are right for you and help to make and keep you whole. Remember that the nature of the universe is oneness, and by allowing yourself to experience pleasure and enjoyment, you are transferring your joy automatically to the world around you.

5) When you have solidified your right to pleasure and enjoyment, and made a promise to allow yourself to enjoy life, withdraw from the scene you have created in your mind. Bring your attention once again to the orange pyramid low in your belly. Intensify the light and color, and wrap your body in the orange glow. Feel yourself blossom, welcoming enjoyment and passion into your life. When you feel you are finished, seal the chakra with a cho ku rei (sketched on the air with a fingertip, or mentally) and, continuing to breathe deeply, come out of the meditation.  You will need a few minutes to become grounded once again. Enjoy this time.

Affirmations for the Sacral Chakra

I have a right to experience pleasure.
I do not need anyone’s permission to experience pleasure.
Enjoyment and passion are good for me.
I love and enjoy my body.
I have healthy boundaries for myself.
I have healthy boundaries where others are concerned.
I am open to simply experiencing the present.
I find pleasure and abundance everywhere.
My body is sacred and I take steps daily to nourish it.
I am open to touch and connection.
I am comfortable expressing my emotions.
I know how to care for myself.
I am at peace with myself and my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment